Student Portal for Open Book Examination (University of Delhi )
Step-by-Step Guide for using the DU Portal for Open-Book Examination (OBE) LL.B Programme II/IV Semester IInd Phase,October 2021.
Step 1: One Time Self Registration to DU Portal
- The students appearing for the examinations are required to register herself/himself on the DU portal. Initially, the students are required to fill in basic details like Name, Enrolment number (optional), Programme name, Date of birth, Examination roll number, registered E-mail or mobile phone number.
- On submission of the above details, the students will receive a password on their registered E-mail/Mobile number. Students for the first time will require to insert password to login to the portal. Students can login with their Examination roll number and password to locate the mock test paper.
Step 2: On the Date of Final OBE Examination
- Students are required to login to the examination portal with their Examination roll number and password at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their examination.
- Once the student login to the portal, a clock on the students’ screen will display the time left in for opening of the question paper.
- Students should read the instructions printed on the question paper for which they are appearing.
- The Question Paper download button will be visible in the beginning of examination. The Question paper will be released on the portal at the commencement of a particular session of examination as per the date-sheet released by DU.
- Students are required to click on the download button to download the question paper on the Desktop/Laptop/Phone and can also take the printout, if required on the day of examination.
- If in any case, a student faces any difficulty in downloading the question paper from the portal, she/or he may request her/his college/department Nodal officers to get the same on her/his designated e-mail or phone number. The college/department shall send the question paper directly to the student’s e-mail address, phone or WhatsApp. However, this option may be exercised only in case of an emergency.
- As and when the student downloads the question paper, the time left for the end of the examination will be displayed on the students’ screen.
Step 3: Time Tracking
- The total duration of the examination shall be of four hours (for all students except Divyaang) which will include three hours for answering the questions and one additional hour for IT related activities such as downloading the question paper, scanning and uploading the answer sheets. Additional 60 minutes for late submission.
- The total duration of examination for the Divyaang students shall be of six hours which will include four hours for answering the questions, two hour for IT related activities (downloading the question paper, scanning and uploading the answer sheets). Additional 60 minutes for late submission.
- Once the question paper is downloaded, the students will be allowed to upload the answer sheets within the stipulated time i.e. four hours for all students except Divyaang and six hours for Divyaang students
- If uploading is not possible for any reason during the given time as mentioned above, students can take extra 60 minutes time to upload their scripts; however, all such submissions will be subject to scrutiny by a committee.
- Students can submit their script to the Nodal Officers by email only if the submission through portal is not possible (documentary evidence of none submission to the portal should be provided for such submissions). However, this option should be used only in case of extreme situation only. The students submitting the scripts through alternate medium i.e. other than OBE Portal may face delay in declaration of their results due to verification and validation process of submission.
Step 4: Answering the Question Paper
- Students will write the answers to the questions on A-4 size white papers in own handwriting (ruled or plain). The answers are to be written using black or blue pen only.
- Students should use separate sheets to answer each question, since answer sheets are to be uploaded on the Portal question wise so that evaluation can be conducted smoothly.
Step 5: Uploading Answer Sheets
- The students will scan the written pages of the answers question-wise (one PDF file for each question) and upload each file on the OBE portal. Size of each file should not exceed 7MB.
- To upload the answer sheet, the student will log in to the examination portal and select the tab “Upload Answers”. Once the answer sheets are uploaded, no further changes can be made.
- In case if by mistake, a student uploads a wrong answer sheet she/he can make corrections with in the specified duration of the OBE i.e. four hours for students other than the Divyaang and six hours for Divyaang. However, once the answer sheets are submitted and the student logs out, no change in the uploaded answer sheet/s will be possible. Additional 60 minutes for late submission.
- The student shall be required to submit a declaration regarding UFM through the button provided on the portal before uploading of the scanned images of answer scripts.
Step 6: Answer Sheet Submission
Once the students upload all the scanned answer sheets against their respective questions, they should click the button for the UFM declaration and a confirmation for submission and log out from the portal. On successful submission of the answer sheets the students will be notified via email/SMS.
Discipline Specific Electives (DSE): The student shall appear in this paper/course based on alphabetical order. One paper should be attempted out of displayed papers on the portal (as per information filled in examination form) on one day of Examination as per the datesheet notified.
Generic Electives (GE): The student shall appear in this paper/course as per datesheet notified and information given in Examination form.
Skill Enhancement Course (SEC): The student shall appear in this paper/course as per datesheet notified and information given in Examination form.
Duration of Examinations: Duration of Examinations is 3+1 Hours for all students except PWD(Divyang) category. For PWD students, the duration is 4+2 Hours. Additional 60 Minutes for late submission.
Limit of uploading each file for answer scripts on the portal is 7 MB.